Easy RV Storage Ideas and Organization Tips
Regardless of the size of your rig, you likely need some good RV storage ideas to maximize the living space in your RV.
Finding extra space here and there will go a long way in helping you and your family get comfortable in your camper, whether it’s a traditional trailer or a fifth-wheel variety.
Here are some of the best RV Storage Ideas I’ve found so far.
The Top RV and Camper Storage Ideas – Command Strips
Command strips are a camper’s best friend.
You can use these sticky hooks and hangers for all kinds of things in your recreational vehicle.
Here are some helpful camper storage ideas that use Command Strips:
- Hang frequently used items by the door including:
- Scarves when it’s cold
- Dog leash or rag for wiping dog paws
- Put hooks in the bathroom (they make some specifically designed for the humidity of a bathroom) for items like:
- Recently used towels and washcloths
- Toothpaste, toothbrushes, and floss
- Hairdryer, curling iron, flat iron
- Basket with hair and makeup products and accessories
- Add hooks to hang baskets on the walls in your camper kitchen for items like:
- Coffee supplies and mugs
- Fruits and veggies
- Anything you use frequently, like bread or pasta
- Use hooks and baskets for just about anything in your RV like:
- Frequently used items: tech devices, cleaning supplies, etc.
- Craft supplies in common areas for the kids
- Hang items like earbuds and cell phone chargers
- Frequently used tools: hammers, nails, screws, etc.
- Bug spray and sunscreen near the entrance
- Remotes near your lounging space
- Glasses on your bedside table
- Wallet and keys near your bed
Other Camper Storage Ideas
Use a hanging shoe organizer behind the bathroom door of your RV camper for regularly used items like shampoos, soaps, gel, hairspray, and other toiletries. Alternatively, you could hang a towel rack behind the bathroom door so you have quick access to clean, dry towels or other linens. Hang a magnetic knife holder inside the bathroom or kitchen cabinet to hold metal items. Hide unused blankets under mattresses.
There may be some spaces inside of your RV cabinets that you can turn into usable storage space. Look behind your cabinets to see if there is an empty space. If there is, you can knock out the front of those cabinets (if you would like to modify your RV) and use that space for storage. You may want to consult a carpenter so you can make this space look nice and not ruin your other cabinets or any structures in your recreational vehicle.
Check the height of all of your kitchen and bathroom cabinets. Some RVs have shelves that are too high for anything you would store in the cabinet. In this case, you can add another shelf between each level to allow the storage of smaller items.
Some Final Camper Storage Ideas
Take a look around and behind furniture in your camper. You can often find a little bit of dead space behind chairs, on the walls, and under (or over) benches and appliances. Scan your wall space and cabinets to see if there is anywhere you can add an additional shelf or hanging basket. With a little bit of creativity and out-of-the-box thinking, you can find storage ideas in plain sight all over your rig.
You might also like the 5 Best RV Maintenance Tips You Need to Know.
East Coast Campers and More is a Delaware RV Dealership. Call us today at (844) 876-0872.
This article was written by Kristi Durham.